Unable to Authenticate on PDC

Martin Brown martin at tantalus.com
Mon Feb 14 19:01:20 GMT 2000

Okay, NP.

Samba TNG CVS from last week.
Workstation trying to auth is NT 4.0 Workstation.
My Global smb.conf config is below.

I am setting up Samba as a PDC that uses LDAP to authenticate.  The LDAP
side of things is setup and working properly.  I can add and change
passwords in the LDAP DB.

# Global parameters

[global]
ldap suffix = "dc=tantalus, dc=com"
ldap bind as = "cn=root, dc=tantalus, dc=com"
ldap passwd file = /etc/ldappasswd
ldap server = localhost
ldap port = 389

workgroup = TEST