[Samba-TNG] Diagnosis steps fail in latest CVS

Jamie ffolliott jmeff at engsoc.queensu.ca
Mon Feb 14 18:25:22 GMT 2000

I've tried that as well actually, but from reading some past messages on
this list it looks like the loopback is just used by command-line
utilities like smbpasswd to communicate with samba (and the loopback
adapter just has to be 'up').

Anyhow, I want samba to listen on a network, and the docs have never
suggested putting the loopback on the list of interfaces.

I'm quite positive that these are bugs in TNG at the moment, but haven't
heard anyone else report them (strange) ;)

Jamie