Compiling error Samba_TNG

Inge-Håvard Hunstad inge at cc.uit.no
Fri Feb 11 16:49:14 GMT 2000

When trying to compile today's TNG and the tng-alpha.0.2 from last night
under RH6.1 I got this error. Initially I tried to "configure
--with-ldap", but the same thing happened after doing a "make distclean"
and a configure without any flags.

Compiling utils/testprns.c
Linking bin/testprns
Compiling utils/smbrun.c
Linking bin/smbrun
Compiling utils/status.c
Linking bin/smbstatus
Compiling lib/cmd_interp.c
lib/cmd_interp.c: In function `completion_fn':
lib/cmd_interp.c:926: `fn' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/cmd_interp.c:926: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lib/cmd_interp.c:926: for each function it appears in.)
lib/cmd_interp.c: At top level:
lib/cmd_interp.c:939: parse error before `return'
gmake: *** [lib/cmd_interp.o] Error 1
zsh: 27441 exit 2     gmake

Then I tried to compile tng-alpha.0.1 with ldap support and I got this
error:

Compiling rpc_parse/parse_ntlmssp.c with libtool
Compiling rpc_parse/parse_prs.c with libtool
Compiling rpc_parse/parse_vuid.c with libtool
Compiling lib/vuser.c with libtool
Compiling lib/vuser_db.c with libtool
Compiling rpc_parse/parse_misc.c with libtool
Linking shared library bin/libsmb.la
Compiling libsmb/namequery.c with libtool
Compiling libsmb/nmblib.c with libtool
Linking shared library bin/libnmb.la
Compiling param/loadparm.c with libtool
param/loadparm.c:790: structure has no member named `szLdapRealm'
param/loadparm.c:790: initializer element for `parm_table[204].ptr' is
not const
ant
make: *** [param/loadparm.lo] Error 1

but compiling without ldap support was successful with tng-alpha.0.1 on
my RH6.1 box.

Is the compiling with ldap support supposed to work? I've seen the
warnings about the introduction of a new ldap schema, but since this
support for NT5 ldap schema had it's own switch for configure, I thought
that the schema still works.

Thanks for all your help.

inge