Samba 2.0.6 and PDC mode

Thien Vu thien_vu at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:06:41 GMT 2000

> > Is this the case?  This suggests that SP5 cannot be used with Samba
2.0.x
> > in PDC mode.
>
> well, you cna't properly use 2.0.x as a pdc _Anyway_, but aside from that,
> yes you can use SP5 --- just that if you're paranoid about security, the
> solutions are a damn nuisance.

I was wondering what the issue with SP5 and Samba 2.0.x as a PDC. You
probably have noticed several of my last posts deal with the inability to
modify the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. Were my guesses correct about Samba not
handling the user SIDs or is it way off base?

According to Zhi-Wei Lu, this inability to write to that registry hive is on
the 2.0.6 and the HEAD branches. Does the TNG branch fix this problem?

Thanks,
Thien