NT registry Permission problem

Thien Vu thien_vu at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 01:03:36 GMT 2000

I think I know whats happening, but don't know how to fix it. When the user
logs in, he is authenticated by Samba. Also his profile is entered into the
registry and Desktop settings are set up. The home directory is also mapped.
But the Samba server doesn't pass the "correct" SID to the NTWorkstation so
the HKEY_CURRENT_USER doesn't point to the HKEY_USERS\(USER SID) but to
HKEY_USERS\.Default

If any of this doesn't sound right or if there is a solution, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thien