NT registry Permission problem

Zhi-Wei Lu zwluxx at chopin.cipic.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 10 00:39:41 GMT 2000

Dear Samba gurus,

I have been running samba Head-branch for over half year.  I am running the
PDC on an SGI IRIX 6.5.6m O2 macine.  I downloaded and compiled the
head-branch code on July 23, 1999.  The samba PDC had been running just fine
until recently, I noticed that the smbd leaks memory very quickly.

I downloaded the latest CVS head-branch on Feb. 2 and compiled the code, the
PDC will let NT domain users to log into the NT machine, but it failed to
grant them the privilege to write to local user registry, such as adding
a new key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software. Therefore, many programs do not
work right at all. I then switched to the main branch 2.0.6,
the same problem happened too (Of course, I have to rejoin the samba domain
for an NT worstation).  I am using the same smb.conf file for all three
cases.

I have set up a test domain to test the 2.0.6 on SGI, digital UNIX, and
on Linux machines.  I have encountered similar problems consisntly.  I still
havn't tracked down to the root of the problem.  Do anybody experience
similar problem?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Zhi-Wei Lu
CIPIC (Center for Image Processing and Integrated Computing)
UC Davis                Phone:  (530)-752-0494
Davis, CA 95616         Fax:    (530)-752-8894