Unable to set default printer on ntws4

Thien Vu thien at ac.housing.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 9 17:56:02 GMT 2000

I am running a Samba 2.0.6PDC with NT4 Workstation. I am able to add the
printer to the local machine, and print and set the printer as default as
an administrator, but when I log in as a normal user, the setting for the
printer as the default printer disappears and so programs (like Netscape)
that requires a default printer before you can even select a printer will
not print. Other programs, in which you can select the printer, will still
print if I manually select the printer.

I was wondering if there is a fix for this, or if a registry setting
needed to be made on the local machine, user profile, or where.

Thanks,
Thien Vu