samba-ntdom production use

Jem Atahan jem.at at cwcom.net
Wed Feb 9 12:42:21 GMT 2000

hey there,

i want to use samba-ntdom in a production environment. go ahead, tell me
its alpha, but i'm not going to listen. its just too cool.

my requirements are primarily to have a central pool of users across nt
and unix, there is no requirement for profiles, print serving, file
sharing or the like. a nice extra would be ACLs based on domain
users/groups (which is supported under some tools i believe?). our unix
users will be served from an LDAP backend, so this is also good (but it
seems possible to rely on the underlying UINX nsswitch and use
smbpasswd, no?).

the killer, and the hard bit to test, is that this has to scale to
potentially 10000 domain member machines, and at least this many users.

so, i have seen posts by people who sound like they are indeed using
samba-ntdom live. i would be very interested to hear about your
experiences, especially if you have a large number of users.

thanks y'all