Samba PDC in more than one Broadcast Domain

Kai-H. Weutzing Kai-H.Weutzing at TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Feb 9 10:44:33 GMT 2000

Hi!

Here is the result of my tryings:

- Solution lmhosts dosn't works on three Machines, why? I didn't know, but I didn't search for the reason.
- Solution wins support works fine!

Oh, these are one Network with Switches in the middle!

bye... Kai-H. Weutzing

Lars Kneschke wrote:

> If it's physically one network, you can use virtual interfaces on the NIC.
> But the better solution is to use a WINS server. Set wins support = yes
> in your global section. This lets act your Sambaserver  as a
> WINS-Server. You must set the WINS-Server in the networkssettings of the
> WinNT-Workstation too. This need a working routing beetwenn the
> networks.

EOT