FW: tng feedback needed

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Feb 9 07:50:04 GMT 2000

Hi,

At 05:45 PM 2/9/00 +1100, Lonnie J. Borntreger wrote:
>OK, Luke.  This is my official bitching to the list. :)
>
>I need someone with access to a NT-PDC to do a netmon capture of packets
>during a successful win95/98 logon session so Luke can fix this in TNG.  I
>have access to a win95 machine that logs into an NT domain, but it's rather
>hard to capture the logon packets since the logon occurs before I could
>start the packet capture.
>
>Can anyone __please__ help?  (See Luke's comments below for more specifics
>on the things to capture.)

Well, hell, I have heaps of these ... I can possibly even add the code back
in.  It is not hard ... Win95 and 98 (I have captures of both) only send a
NETLOGON request, probably a GETDC, and then connect to the server server
specified and do a NetWkstaUserLogon or some such ... Then the rest should
be standard stuff.

>Thanks,
>Lonnie Borntreger

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course