Samba 2.0.6, NT and logon scripts

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Feb 9 05:06:45 GMT 2000

At 02:57 PM 2/9/00 +1100, David Schwarz wrote:
>Richard wrote
>
>>Thus if you had a mixed Win9X and NT environment, you would be forced to
>>use include files to allow you to:
>>
>>1. Generate scripts for Win 9X users
>>2. Have a logon script for NT users that was relevant ...
>

>Or inside the script you simply check which OS you are running on,
>
>usually by checking if %OS% exists
>if it doesn't your on Win3x or Win9x or DOS,
>otherwise your on Windows_NT, which is how most NT admins would be doing it
>currently.

Sure, but I guess I was thinking in the context of dynamically generating
scripts so on Win3X or Win9X doing more complex things than standard logon
scripts allow you to do.

>Thanks
>Dave......

>David Schwarz
>Desktop /Workgroup Section Leader
>ITS, Deakin University
>Ph (03) 52278938
>Fax (03) 52278xxx
>
>This years quote:
>"Linux is only free if your time has no value" - Jamie Zawinski

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course