Samba 2.0.6 with NT and profiles

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Feb 9 05:10:05 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am seeing some strange results with profiles under Samba 2.0.6 and NT
Workstation, and wonder if this is the nature of the beast (Samba 2.0.6 as
a PDC being unsupported) or whether I have something wrong.

Every time I log onto NT Workstation 4.0, I am told that my local profile
is more up to date than the remote profile and do I want to use the local
profile ...

Interestingly, but perhaps of little use, but NT accesses profiles before
the logon script, while Win 9X does it the other way around.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course