pre 3.0 code base stability?

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Wed Feb 9 04:04:17 GMT 2000

I am running 2.0.5 on Caldera Openlinux 2.3.  They made some changes as
to where smb.conf and the logs are stored.  However, I am contemplating a
move to the pre 3.0 code.  I got the cvs main code 2 weeks ago and
installed it on FreeBSD. Works terrific.  Solves the file time stamp
problem we were having.  So I thought about changing the production server
to the pre 3.0 code.  I am wondering how stable the pre 3.0 code is and if
anyone is running it in production mode?

Or, if there are alternative recommendations...

David Bear
College of Public Programs/ASU
A word is just two nibbles and a byte...