samba / switch hub /win9x

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Feb 8 21:30:36 GMT 2000

Both NT and 9x can run NetBIOS over (inside?) TCP/IP.  I'm not going to go
into NetBEUI.  Check to make sure that TCP/IP is the only protocol on those
machines, and perhaps enable the WINS server on Samba.  Although I'd expect
WINS to affect NT more than 9x.  Have you checked on encryption settings,
and things of that nature?  You might also try bumping up the logging level
a few notches and see if that turns up any useful information in the samba
logs.
	Greg