tng feedback needed

F. Ross Lord frlord at webmethods.com
Tue Feb 8 21:21:40 GMT 2000

I'm using the HEAD branch from 11/2/99 because I haven't found the time or
made the effort to move to the TNG branch.  I also need smbmount, so I
haven't moved to the TNG branch.  I know that I can mix HEAD with TNG in
order to get all the functionality I need, but there is a big "if it ain't
broke don't fix it" feeling right now.  It's running on a Dell 4300
running RedHat Linux 6.1.  Previously the same code was running on a VA
Reseach box with RedHat Linux 5.2.

There are 275 users, and we use shadow passwords and smbpasswd for
authentication.  Samba provides file sharing from the server it runs on,
and it provides authentication for three other servers.  We don't do any
domain logins or profiles, so I haven't had to mess with much of that.
Here's the global section....

#======================= Global Settings =====================================
[global]
   workgroup = xxxxxxxxxx
   server string = Samba Server
   hosts allow = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   printing = bsd
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   local master = yes
   os level = 65
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
   preserve case = yes
   share modes = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/local/samba/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successfull*

 -- frl