SYSKEY2. Request For Comments

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Feb 8 17:13:40 GMT 2000

from what jeremy explained yesterday, he doesn't see it as our job to fix
broken network protocols that don't support secure transfer of passwords ,
or either presumably, an administrator's inability to use or set up such
secure transfers.

well, i don't trust administrators to do a decent job (read the README on
security, or go to a security talk), so i'd _like_ to add a mechanism that
will make me not wince when i see this kind of message:

hi, my name is joe, and i'm setting up samba with ldap.  i just wanted to
check that my schema is right.  please could you review it for me, thank
you:

accountName: administrator
smbPassword: 01fc5a6be7bc6929aad3b4351404ee

etc...