SYSKEY2. Request For Comments

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Feb 7 22:17:18 GMT 2000

> > and if you don't _have_ acls in your ldap implementation?  or if you don't
> > _realiase_ that ldap doesn't have any security?
> >

> Which LDAP implementation would that be? I'm no expert, but I haven't seen one
> without ACLs (I actually thought it was part of the LDAP standard).

does it matter?  ok, if it does, how about, we specify admins are supposed
to lock the password field with an ACL and they don't bother.

basically, there are too many steps to follow that are not under our
control, in too many variable situations.

sorry ppl, fed up with arguing and explaining this, my hands are now
constantly hurting.  i'm creating a syskey2, it's going in the source
code, if you don't like it, jeremy, well, work it out for yourself as to
why it's needed.

luke