Samba PDC in more than one Broadcast Domain

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Mon Feb 7 17:10:10 GMT 2000

"Kai-H. Weutzing" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'am using a SuSE Linux Samba Server. It works fine, BUT...
>
> I must use this Server in more than one Broadcast Domain:
>
> In
> a.b.52.
> a.b.53.
> a.b.79.
> The Server has an NIC with IP Adresse a.b.53.241.
>
> So if I start a WinNT Ws in the a.b.52. net to use my Domain (supported by the Server) the WinNT Ws can't find the Server!
>
> I didn't like to buy a NIC with three or more Cons, so is there a way that the Server listen to more than one Broadcast.
If it's physically one network, you can use virtual interfaces on the
NIC.

But the better solution is to use a WINS server. Set wins support = yes
in your global section. This lets act your Sambaserver  as a
WINS-Server. You must set the WINS-Server in the networkssettings of the
WinNT-Workstation too. This need a working routing beetwenn the
networks.

Cu
--

Do you like Samba?