samba in vmware?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Feb 7 17:03:24 GMT 2000

If you bother to read the help that 2.0beta provides when you run
vmware-config.pl <grin>, you'll notice that it suggests that you DON'T allow
it to set up samba if you already have it running.  From the looks of the
files that shipped with my VMware install, it doesn't actually include
Samba, but probably checks to see if you have samba, and then volunteers to
configure it.  I heard that VMware has donated a handful (bunch?) of VMware
licenses to the Samba gurus so that they can test NT-samba connectivity
without so many PeeCees floating around, or so many reboots.
	Greg L.