NT SP6 Problem with Samba

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Mon Feb 7 16:43:02 GMT 2000

Fabian Wenk wrote:

> ZEN el GUAY wrote:
>
> > I installed SP6 on an NT Server. When my Linux box trying to save a file
> > (approximately 5 MB) in its shared directory,  the file was there. But when I
> > opened the file, it was corrupted. The same thing happen when I want to put a
>
> Could this be the same problem as it was with Lotus Notes, so you need
> the hotfix for SP6 (go to this link:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?Search=Keywords&LangIDCODE=20%3Ben-us&Value=SP6&OpSysID=252&Show=Alpha),
> or SP6a. The problem with SP6 was that some IP stuff works only if the
> user has admin rights. Maybe Samba has the same problem. I didn't try
> this out, this is just a hint.

No. I don't think so. Lotus had the problem, because MS did cut off all
TCP
server connections > port 1024. (same way in unix. big deal. software is
broken :)
(Samba does not "run" on NT, it only emulates NT behaviour)

Although I'm still using SP5 for all my clients here ... :)

regards,
    Michael
--
Samba NT-Domain howto (in german)