NT SP6 Problem with Samba

Fabian Wenk wenk at s4d.ch
Mon Feb 7 16:03:10 GMT 2000

ZEN el GUAY wrote:

> I installed SP6 on an NT Server. When my Linux box trying to save a file
> (approximately 5 MB) in its shared directory,  the file was there. But when I
> opened the file, it was corrupted. The same thing happen when I want to put a

Could this be the same problem as it was with Lotus Notes, so you need
the hotfix for SP6 (go to this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?Search=Keywords&LangIDCODE=20%3Ben-us&Value=SP6&OpSysID=252&Show=Alpha),
or SP6a. The problem with SP6 was that some IP stuff works only if the
user has admin rights. Maybe Samba has the same problem. I didn't try
this out, this is just a hint.

If you search in the M$ Technet (http://www.microsoft.com/technet) for
SP6 you will find about 100 articles with SP6 in it, probably you should
check this out also.

bye
Fabian