NT workstation service pack reduces performance

Cormac Kenevey ckenevey at orbism.com
Mon Feb 7 12:41:33 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have a Toshiba tecra 8000 laptop running NT.
It came with service pack 3 installed. It used to be very fast. When I
installed service pack 4, I noticed a significant reduction in the
performance of the machine. Has anyone encountered this behaviour before
? I have since installed service pack 5 and there is no improvement.
It's a high-spec machine with buckets of RAM which should not be
experiencing this kind of performance problem.

cheers
Cormac Kenevey