win98 and roaming profiles..

Tim Radigan rad2921 at cup.edu
Mon Feb 7 04:14:10 GMT 2000

ok, i just switched my school computer back to win98 from winNT and it seems
that roaming profiles and/or the home directories aren't working the way NT
handled them.. i'll post my smb.conf file after the base of this message..
any help would be appreciated.. i'm not even sure that samba and/or win98
supports profiles for a win98 -> samba connection.. let me know if anyone
has any suggestions.. here is my smb.conf file:

[global]
   workgroup = NEWREV
   server string = New Revolutions Server
   guest account = nobody
   os level = 33
   log level = 2
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon home = \\%N\%U
   logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
   logon script = netlogon.bat
   wins support = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *password* %n\n *password* %n\n *successfull*
   dns proxy = no

[netlogon]
   comment = Net Logon
   path = /home/scripts