PAM_SMB/PAM_NTDOM

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Mon Feb 7 00:29:47 GMT 2000

Hi guys,

I would like to use LDAP to store the NT SAM on a bunch of linux
servers. I believe that this will improve network traffic a little. I'd
also like to have Unix authenticate against the same database (thus
giving our users a single-login environment). Is it possible to have
PAM_NTDOM or PAM_SMB consulting Samba running on each server and have
them consult a slave LDAP server on the same machine?

I realise that this is probably not normal (but who wants to be normal
*anyway*).

Thanks for your replies, opinions and such,

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager
Xavier College
Gawler SA