[TNG] Domain Admin

G. Naik gaurav at carroll.com
Sat Feb 5 05:51:15 GMT 2000

Does this technique work with other groups.  I am using Samba Head, and
trying to get group policies to work.  However, it seems that Samba HEAD
doesn't understand domain group map, local group map..etc.  However, I do
see username map working.

In my system policy file, I have groups defined.  However, when the user
logs in, the policy is not applied, because the NT WS, cannot get the
correct group mapping for that particular user.

Can something like work with Samba HEAD?

-g-

On Fri, 4 Feb 2000, Thien Vu wrote:

> I'm using Samba 2.0.6a to manage the NT Workstations, and I am using the
> parameter in smb.conf:
>     username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/username.map
> and in username.map file I have:
>     @ntadmins = "Domain Admins"
> Even though its *officially* supported, it works fine for me!
>
> Thien Vu

---
Gaurav Naik ("g")       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | www.carroll.com