basic questions

Martijn Grendelman martijn at ilse.nl
Fri Feb 4 10:19:55 GMT 2000

Hi,

From: Lars Kneschke <lk at netuse.de>
> I have updated the webpages some days ago. At the startpage is now a
> list about the advances and disadvances of the different branches. If
> you read it, and it didn't help you, i would be very interessted to hear
> what's not clear.

Oops.. Yes, I did read it and it is clear. I just kind of forgot I read it
and my bookmark points directly to the FAQ so I missed it this morning :-(

> I would add a new FAQ-Point. But there is also a README in the
> source-tree. Pelase read <your samba source dir>/source/README

Found that one just a second after I sent my first message to the list...

> Samba TNG or mixed Samba TNG/Head should do it. I don't get local admins
> working, but domain admins did it.

I've been experimenting with it. I haven't really tried to get domain admins
to work though. Now I can't get yesterday's MAIN to compile, but that's
probably a known issue.

I have a combined MAIN/TNG Samba running (CVS Jan 26th), but the UMfD
doesn't work and I'm not sure if it's supposed to. It displays the domain
users but then exits with an RPC protocol error. Something wrong on my side,
or is it just Samba?

Excuse my for being ignorant if I am...

Thanx,
Martijn.