[samba-tng] status

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Feb 3 03:48:41 GMT 2000

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Matt Chapman wrote:

> > the other one is how to do a SamrQueryUserInfo() at level 0x18 on local
> > loopback but NOT on network access.
>
> level 18 (0x12), not 0x18. not that it matters if it is internal only :-)

true.

so, the functionali "equivalent", so-to-speak, is for me to call
_samr_query_userinfo().

argh.  that means that i have to also call _samr_commect(),
_samr_open_domain and _samr_open_user(), followed by _samr_close() on all
three handles returned.

i _think_ the code can cope with that.  i'm referring to the code that
associates TDB_CONTEXT* database handles with the POLICY_HND* handles of
each of the _samr_open...() implementations.

yeah, there's nothing else special about it.

yeah, i like it!  thanks matthew!

> in NT it is not done on ncalrpc, but by calling SamrQueryInformationUser
> in SAMSRV.DLL directly (the special info level does not seem to be defined in
> any IDL). the return buffer contains 16-byte NT# followed by 16-byte LM#.
>
> 	Matt
>

> --
> Matthew "Austin" Chapman
> SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member

 ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals