Server migration & linux user authentication

Thien Vu thien at ac.housing.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 2 02:24:54 GMT 2000

I will be migrating my servers to Samba this weekend, and was wondering
how I could get my current PDC's SID number, so I can use it on the Samba
server, without re-adding all my workstations to the domain.

Also, we have triple boot systems (WinNT Workstation, Win98, and Linux)
and was wondering if pam_smb or pam_ntdom packages are still being used,
so we can have centralized user authentication for the Linux machines. I
asked about these PAM modules before, but received no response.

Thanks,
Thien Vu