coding volunteers needed for msrpc server-side API conversion

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Tue Feb 1 19:47:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Lars Kneschke wrote:

> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >
> > if anyone wants to help with a very boring but basically self-consistent
> > task, i'd really appreciate it.  the goal is, examine rpc_client/cli_*.c
> > functions, e.g samr_open_domain(), and create a srv_*.c function with
> > EXACTLY the same paramaters called _samr_open_domain(), for all functions
> > in rpc_client/cli_*.c and srv_*.c.
> Hello!
>
> Today evening i have a network card again, for my linux router. So i
> should be able to help a little bit. Which file need's some work?

you could start on reg_srv.c.  cut/paste it to winregd/srv_reg_nt.c and go
from there.

there are plenty of examples.  send me, first of all, patches for one
function at a time.

the _actual_ goal is not as i originally stated: the goal is to expose all
_Q_ and _R_ members to the _xxx_msrpc_() functions and then later to
modify the xxx_msrpc_() client-side function to do the same.

the ultimate aim is to have EXACTLY the same API as the microsoft MSDN,
and i do mean exactly.  but PLEASE, do NOT go copying the MSDN, that
breaks microsoft's copyright.  work from the data over-the-wire, and than
means the samba data structures, only.  you shouldn't get stuck, but if
you do, then _refer_ to the MSDN, don't copy it.

thx,

luke

lars, talk with sander and sean millichamp and elrond, they're chewing
through this stuff.