the credential supplied conflict with a existing set of credential

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Dec 27 23:39:06 GMT 2000

At 12:16 PM 27/12/2000 +0100, scritch at altern.org wrote:
>hi,
>
>samba client 2.0.7 ( sunos 5.7)from NT 4 pdc
>my server is a pdc 's member from NT 4 ( i v got mydomain.machine.mac )
>
>while i tried to access to my client's share from another NT 4 client
>i v this messages "the credential supplied conflict with a existing set
of credential"

Not sure about your case, but this message is usually associated with you
having an existing 'link' (ie a share) from the client to the server under
a different user name. Close that connection and try again.

Exactly the same thing happens with an NT server too.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083