network problems

Charles Crawford ccrawford at atsengineers.com
Wed Dec 27 21:11:25 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've been receiving alot of error messages and am trying to diagnose the
cause. Here is what's showing up in the log files:

Error Message in /var/log/log.smb:

lib/util_soc.c:write_socket_data(570)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe

lib/util_soc.c:write_socket(596)
  write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to socket 7: ERRNO = Broken pipe

lib/util_soc.c:send_smb(784)
   Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. Exiting

The system is a Linux (RH 6.1) with Samba 2.0.5a-12, but I also have another
server also running Linux (RH 6.1) with Samba 2.0.7-4. Both are connected to
an NT network with the NT server functioning as the DC and WINS server.

I'm having some severe problems connecting to the shares via windows right
now. If anyone could be of assistance, this would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Charlie Crawford