Speaking of Suppressing Domain Logins...

JBCurry jbcurry at hline.localhealth.net
Fri Dec 22 19:57:21 GMT 2000

That's one method I've considered, except how do I return a true or false
from a "ping" so that I may use it in an "If" statement from a DOS batch
file?  I think I may need a batch script parser more powerful than DOS.
Something like "WINBATCH", only for DOS.

>    a)  Can you know, in advance, the DC's IP?

Yes.

>    b)  Can you apply registry updates before Windows actually loads?

That's what I'm looking for - what commands can be executed before the
domain logon dialogue appears, and how can they be executed?

Thanks for your suggestions.