Problem joining a Windows 2000 machine to a Samba server

Jose Antonio Becerra Permuy ronin at mail2.udc.es
Fri Dec 22 15:46:18 GMT 2000

El Vie 22 Dic 2000 15:55, escribiste:
> Mr. Permuy
> 	Have you CVS'ed the newest version?

	Yes, I have followed instructions which I found in:
http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au/samba/samba-pdc-faq.html

	The first day (this monday) I did:
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at pserver.samba.org:/cvsroot co -r SAMBA_2_2 samba

	and, after that, I do every morning:
cvs update -d -P

> 	Will accept Domain Logons from Win2k, and emulate trust relations between
> machines.
> 	Machine A is on the Domain so is B, so A and B do not have to authenticate
> to exchange files.
> 	Et-cetera Ad-nosium.

	Really?. In Samba 2.2? Trust relationships support would be great!

> 	Read the PDC-FAQ's and PDC-HOWTO both very helpful, have you considered
> using TNG? 	(www.samba-tng.org)

	I have read FAQ and HOWTO both. And yes, I have tested Samba-TNG. W2K domain
logons work very well with TNG, but printing support is not as good as in
Samba-2.2 (sometimes work and sometimes not with W2K, and there is not
automatic drivers downloading) and documentation is very outdated. Because of
all this, I decided to try Samba-2.2.

> 	Not as Well documented as 2.2.0-prealpha but twice as powerful adminwise
> (has more options)
>
> 	All of the afformentioned software is "Alpha" and does have quite a few
> bugs, however 2.2.0 works beautifully in my production environment.  Even
> though it is not recomended.

	I prefer Samba in alpha status that NT server :-D

> 	Merry Chrismas, Happy Chanauka, N-joy your Fasting with Ramadan and have a
> good new year.
> Happy Holidays
> Hazen.
> P.S. Does anyone know if Bhuddist's clelebrate anything this time of year?

	I have no idea :-)