Samba scalability?

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Thu Dec 21 22:02:17 GMT 2000

Gerald Carter wrote:

> Problems in general of UNIX backups of NT clients is lack of understanding
> things like NTFS streams (hints...EFS is implemented using streams)

1. We were talking about NT backups of Unix systems, not the other way around.
2. Whose lack of understanding?  The users of BackupExec or the developers?
   (I'm not sure what you are hinting at there.)

> Seems like most of the major players have ACL support now.
> Which one(s) are you referring to?

I haven't seen a finished product for Linux ACLs yet.
Even more annoying personally, though, is AIX.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com