Samba networking help

not provided not provided steelbell at netscape.net
Mon Dec 18 16:25:02 GMT 2000

Hello,

    I am running the 2.0.7 version of Samba and I have a NATing question.

How do I get Samba (on my Unix box) which is on a 191.255.xxx.xxx network to
see a PC on a 192.168.xxx.xxx which has a NATed adress on a 192.169.xxx.xxx
network. I went thru the DIAGNOSTIC.txt file (step 5) and was not able to do a
nmblookup on the PC using the real PC' ip address.

My smb.conf file looks as follow.

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = APPLE
        netbios name = PEEL
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = <PDC-NT server same as Wins server>  <BPC-NT server>
-
        domain logons = yes
        username map  = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
        log file = /usr/local/samba/logs/log.%m
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        os level = 10
        lm announce = True
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 192.xxx.xxx.xxx (NATed NT server address)
        guest account = ftp
        null passwords = true

[home]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        create mask = 0750

[public]
        comment = Public Stuff
        path = /export/home/public
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[tmp]
        comment = temporary files
        path = /tmp
        read only = yes

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Steel