Querying Printers

Steeve steeve at eps.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 18 15:51:44 GMT 2000

Keith Lynn wrote:

> Mr. Bannon,
>      Your site is very helpful in seeing how accounting is done. However,
> I've run into a problem. I am running Samba on a Linux server which
> serves NT clients. When I look at the file that Samba stores temporarily,
> for example, when I print a Word document, the .doc file is in the
> /var/spool/samba/printers directory and not the postscript version. I have
> an HP 4000N printer. Is there a way to force it to place the postscript
> version on the server? Thanks.

What printer driver are you using?  Are you sure you're
using the Postscript printer driver (as opposed to the
PCL driver)?

I use ghostscript to count pages on my HP4500N and process
the spooled file to do so so it sounds like you're not
using the correct driver in Windoze.

steeve

--
steeve SysAdmin EPS McGill University Mtl Qc
:wq