NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED translation

JBCurry jbcurry at hline.localhealth.net
Mon Dec 18 15:51:11 GMT 2000

[Forgive my feeble attempts at French-English translating, but I think this
is what Laurent said:]
[Pardon mon frele tenter a traduisant, mais je refleche ca c'est se que
Laurent ont dit:]

"To return the sweetness of Linux (Red Hat 7.0) to my organization [?],
 I attempted to install a Linux server for DNS & file serving.

 For that, I am using Samba 2.0.7, but I have a problem with
 administrating rights (knowing that I want to use [an existing?] domain).

 My smb.conf file looks like this:

 [global]
 workgroup = TOTO
 security = domain
 password server = serveur1
 encrypt password = true
 smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
 domain logon = false

 When I launch the command:  smbpasswd -j TOTO -r serveur1"
 I get the message:

 cli_net_auth2 : Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
 cli_nt_setup_creds : auth2 challenge failed
 modify_trust_password : unable to setup PDC credentials to machine serveur1
 change_trust_password : Failed to change password for domain TOTO
 unable ti join domain TOTO

 If you are able to help me, my thanks in advance."

[Hope my translation is of some assistance, here...]
[J'espere ca aider]