Antwort: Re: W2K-Terminal Server vs Samba 2.0.7

Bart Drijver b.drijver at nyenrode.nl
Sat Dec 16 11:08:06 GMT 2000

> On 14.11.2000 12:11:59 samba-ntdom-admin wrote:
> >On 13 Dec 00, at 15:55, Gerald Carter wrote:
> >
> >> Fixed.  Thanks for pointing this out
> >>
> >What exactly do you mean by 'Fixed': do you mean you fixed the
> >W2K-TS vs Samba problem?, because this suggested Reg-key
> >didn't work for me!
> >
> >Is there anyone who knows how to make this Reg-key which works
> >on NT4-TS but NOT on W2K with TS?????????????????????????
>
> Hi,
>
> I don t have the answer to your question, but I was very suprised to
> hear of problems with W2K Terminal services in a samba environment,
> cause I have exactly this situation here - without problems yet. I
> probably never would have noticed that there s only one smbd running
> for all users when I had not read this thread... I have to admit that
> there s not much traffic to handle for this single smbd, but I m going
> to setup a further W2K Terminal Server, which will produce much more
> Traffic, so I m very interested in your systems parameters: how much
> users? How much traffic? Does your problem vanish, when only e.g. ..5
> users are logged in?

In the beginning there seamed nothing wrong, but when the acctual
pilot began (with 15 test users), I experianced a lot of loss in
drivemappings that were not made or simply got disconnected.
In my situation a user logs on to W2K-TS and gets a few drive-
mappings accordingly to their groupmembership.
One users gets 3 (some 4) mappings with the samba server.
Trouble starts when about 3 or 4 users are logged in.
When I check with smbstatus -u to see witch connections are
active, after some minutes a users connections are all
disconnected; when I check with this user sometimes the mapping
will reconnect when selected or it wont and gives a red cross
saying something like: "H:\ not accessible,  the specified network
password is not correct"

What are your experiences:
- how much users?
- how much smb-connections?
- version of SAMBA? (2.0.7 or 2.2?, maybe TNG?)
- W2K version (Advanced? , SP1, UK or German?)