W2K joining SMB Server

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Fri Dec 15 22:26:42 GMT 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Eric Pilger wrote:

> Well I tried it. It didn't work. Like Hazen, and so many others, I have
> followed the FAQS, applied the patches, changed my domain name to 5
> letters, used simple smb.conf, tried CVS, TNG and the latest source. The
> only thing I haven't done is rub the damn thing on a horny toads wart,
> turned around three times and thrown it over my shoulder.

I commited some code this morning (UTC) to the CVS 2.2 branch that should
fix most problems with W2K.

To join the domain, you need:

a) add the machine account to /etc/passwd
b) log on the w2k locally using the administrator account
c) join the domain using your unix root account.

If it doesn't work, send me the relevant part of your
%systemroot%/debug/netsetup file and a log level 100.

	J.F.