Password

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Dec 14 22:24:28 GMT 2000

At 09:51 PM 14/12/2000 -0000, Kristyan Osborne wrote:
>Hi, (again)
>
>Does anyone have any ideas why when I try to change a users password form
a NT4 WKS it doesnt work.

My guess is because of passwd sync problems. Amke sure that your passwd
programme (when used by root to change an ordinary user's passwd) responds
with text like what you have used in the parameter. And make sure the
passwd you are trying to change is acceptable from a security point of view
to passwd.
There is some discussion of these issues in the 2.2 DC FAQ

And a suggestion, how about stripping out all the comments from smb.conf
before posting it :-)

David

>password level = 3

Gee thats generous !!

>unix password sync = True
>passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
>passwd chat = *old*password* %o\n *new*password* %n\n *newpassword* %n\n
*changed*

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au