LookupAccountSid and trust relationship

Torsten Curdt tcurdt at dff.st
Thu Dec 14 19:04:05 GMT 2000

> I have similar problem.  What I noticed, (i think it's documented
> in a .txt
> file somwhere in the CVS tree) is that the win2K system does not consider
> Domain Admins to be a member of the Administrators group.  And
> It's not the
> same group.  Administrators is the local system adminsitrators
> group.  Since
> samba doesn't support trusts yet, you can not add the Domain Admins group,
> or the domain user, to the administrators group on your win2k system; this
> function requires trusts to communicate the exchange of rights/perms).

I just tried the following:

 domain admin user = root
 domain admin group = @root

Which gave me now Administrator rights on the each local machine!!
But still gives me the LookupAccountSid error!

  User Group Policy results for:
  DFF\root
  Domain Name:          DFF
  Domain Type:          Windows NT v4
  Roaming profile:      \\mogh\profiles\root
  Local profile:        C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\root.DFF
  The user is a member of the following security groups:
LookupAccountSid failed with 1789.
        \Jeder
        VORDEFINIERT\Benutzer
        VORDEFINIERT\Administratoren    <---- YES!!!