W2K-Terminal Server vs Samba 2.0.7

acherry at pobox.com acherry at pobox.com
Thu Dec 14 15:36:00 GMT 2000

Bart Drijver writes:

 > Regfix doesn't work on W2K as far as I know, and I've tried!
 >
 > As for this registry fix: there simply is no entry in registry for:
 > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rd
 > r\Parameters]
 >
 > So I just made it my self, but no go!

Yes, that particular registry entry does not exist by default.  You
have to create it.  But the default behavior is to behave as if this
key is set to 0x1 (i.e. put multiple users on a single SMB
connection), so you have to create the entry and set it to 0x0.

Did you reboot the W2K system after applying the fix?  I'm pretty sure
the redirector won't pick up the change until after a reboot.

-Andrew