Domain admin

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Dec 14 00:37:40 GMT 2000

At 08:48 AM 13/12/2000 -0800, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
>Has anybody gotten this fixed?  I keep seeing the same question over and over
>and no answers.
>> account. I can't change anything under NT (IP address, time...)
>> Do I only have to put "domain admin users = user1" into the config file ?

Works here. Both on my test setup and now, in a small lab. But I noticed
that in the lab I cannot change network settings either. But in my case, I
suspect, its because an existing policy blocks it out. Now, that policy
only blocked ordinary users before (samba 2.1prealpha) but now blocks
everyone inc dom admin. And thats because samba2.2 is not able to apply
policies to particular groups, something samba2.2prealpha could.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au