W2K-Terminal Server vs Samba 2.0.7

Andrew Cherry acherry at kiva.net
Wed Dec 13 21:50:04 GMT 2000

As another data point, it appears as if the REG file WindowsTerminalServer.reg
included in the docs subdirectory of the Samba dist is incorrect.  It reads:

-----------------
REGEDIT4

;Subject:       Registry file to force multiple NT terminal server users to have
 their own connections.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters]
"MultipleUsersOnConnection"=dword:00000001

This really should be "dword:00000000" -- otherwise, it has the opposite
of the desired effect!  The default value is 0x1, which multiplexes all
of the WTS users across a single SMB connection.

I don't know if this registry key applies to Win2K Terminal Services,
though.. my only experience is with the NT 4.0 Windows Terminal Server.

-Andrew Cherry