WinNT and Samba

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Wed Dec 13 13:09:59 GMT 2000

Affuso Giovanni wrote:

> Dear Buchan,
> please, can You explain me the use of this parameter and in which file
> I set the group?
> Thanks in advance

My /etc/smb.conf file (I'm using Linux Mandrake 7.1 as PDC) has the
following line:
domain admin group = @domadm

where the unix group domadm on the samba PDC was created with for
example:
groupadd domadm

and users were added to the groups with:
usermod -G domadm <user_name>

A lot of this is dependant on which unix (or in the case of linux, which
distribution) you are using, so you might want to look at the man pages
for useradd, adduser, groupadd, addgroup, usermod, groupmod etc ...

Also, your smb.conf file might not be in /etc ...

Buchan