How a client in another domain to connect to SAMBA in another domain?

kykmak at pland.gov.hk kykmak at pland.gov.hk
Wed Dec 13 04:22:45 GMT 2000

Hi everybody,

I have a SAMBA 2.0.0 running under Solaris 2.6 in another NT domain, it works to
for users in that domain to connect to the shares.

However, when users in another domain try to map the drive, the system ask for
password, I am sure the username and password is the same in another domain.
The user then enter the password, the connection still rejected.

The log file shows  domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user
abc in domain OA to Domain controller GIS. Error was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER. I
am sure that the user exists in the domain cde and with the correct password.

Any body can help?

Kelvin Mak