Samba 2.2 PDC and password file

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 22:25:14 GMT 2000

At 05:04 PM 11/12/2000 -0500, Phillip E. Ganze wrote:
>Is there a way to set Samba up as a PDC with using encrypted passwords?
>This way I would not have a need for another password file.

Hmm... Its the only way to set up a PDC really. If you mean 'can you set up
the system so it uses the smbpasswd file for system authentication as well
as samba authentication ?', the answer is yes, it works well.

Please read the Domain Controller FAQ and HowTo on the 'documentation' page
of your nearest samba mirror.

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au