Displaying Multiple Samba Domains?

Chen Shiyuan csy at hjc.edu.sg
Mon Dec 11 19:22:45 GMT 2000

Hello everyone!

I am currently trying out samba-2.2alpha-cvs as PDC and have created two
different domains for two different categories of work/people. The
clients that are accessing these two domains are a mixture of
Windows95/98/NT/2000 .

All are able to do domain logons just fine expect that for WindowsNT and
2000, I am unable to make it display more than one domain at the drop
down list when I press ctrl-alt-del to logon. Windows95/98 users have no
problems with switching between domains as they can just type in the new
domain into the domain field in the login box.

Does anyone know how I can make WindowsNT/2000 display more than one
network domain in the drop down list? I tried to change the domain in
the network properties page but when I change the domain, I will get
disconnected from the current domain and the new drop down list will
display only the new domain and not the current domain.

Is there a setting that I should set on Sambe to make NT/2000 display
more than one network domain or is it a local setting on the NT/2000
machine? Has anyone done it before?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.