Samba 2_2 CVS problem

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sat Dec 9 20:39:06 GMT 2000

Adam Read wrote:

> One more for you:
> I downloaded the newest version and I also tried the Head,
> but both have problems when I 'make nsswitch', which
> should install winbind.
> make: *** No rule to  make target 'nsswitch/winbind.po',
> needed by 'nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so'.  STOP

winbind is currently built as part of the SAMBA_TNG
branch housed at samba.org (we are moving the necessary code
over to HEAD as we get time and resources).

If you are interested, try grabbing the latest
appliance tarball and replacing the HEAD code there
with the latest 2.2 code (have no idea if this
will work, but my gut says it will).

Cheers, jerry

 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org