win 9x domain logons from non-local subnet

Shaun Lipscombe shaun.lipscombe at gasops.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 09:49:50 GMT 2000

* "Richard" == Richard Sharpe <sharpe at ns.aus.com> writes:

 > Well, yes, they are in different workgroups after all. You can only
 > login to the workgroup you are a member of.

Thats not true.  I have machines in workgroup b that log in to
workgroup a.  This is because machines in workgoup a AND b both need
to see the file server, *and* have login scripts run.  I made box b a
wins server and it started working but I have done this before without
having to use two wins servers.  Any ideas?  At least it is working...

Shaun

--
          (o_
(/)_ (/)_ V_/_   shaun.lipscombe at gasops.co.uk